Friday, September 11, 2009


Maddie and Morgan are staying for a few days and are such a pleasure, they make my heart sing! Here they are on the bed, just as I'm coming in to cuddle while I do some reading. I keep the trundle bed pulled out, so they can get up and down without too much jumping, but it means I have some crawling to do when I come and go.
On our walk yesterday morning, we crossed paths with a lady and her two out of control Cocker Spaniels. I saw her coming, so I let the girls know what to expect and that they needed to be Easy. So as the Cockers were approaching, they behaved as expected; lunging, barking, growling, gasping for air...all the typical adrenalized behavior, as they pulled their person down the road. Maddie and Morgan on the other hand, just looked at the Cockers and kept on truckin, minding their own business and controlling themselves perfectly. As the lady and the Cockers were going past, she yelled, "Your dogs are sooo well behaved!" I just smiled and said thank you, but of course my chest puffed out with pride and the girls got big praise, party and treats for doing such good work!

They've been so excellent for their whole stay, that every day I send a big fat blessing to their moms for keeping them on track. They both wait at the door, the gate and the stairs until released; they both walk beautifully on leash and pass dogs, people and obstacles with very little coaching. Since they're new to the neighborhood, all the indoor or behind the fence dogs raise a ruckus when we pass by, but the girls just look at me, get their praise and keep walking. They both do a great job on checking in while we're walking along as well, which I totally love and recognize each time.
Morgan was limping after our first walk...2 miles was too much, so we cut it short and I made an appointment with the chiropractor, but the next day, she was fine, so I took Magique instead.

As I finish up on the computer, M&M are resting at my feet and after I run a couple of errands, we'll get back to cuddling while I finish up a good book. Hope their mom's are having a great time in Panama, cause the girls are enjoying themselves here.

No comments: